Next Board Meeting (Zoom) Tuesday, October 12th at 9:30
Next Board Meeting (Zoom) Tuesday, October 12th at 9:30
Sept 8, 2021
Happy September, Friends and Neighbors –
I hope that you all fared well this Summer, and if you stayed in Green Valley you were “lucky” enough to have experienced record heat in June and a record monsoon season in July and August. This kept our staff and vendors busy replacing HVAC units (58 through August 11) and repairing roofs (36 as of August 11) along with trying to keep up with their normal duties. All that and a couple of microbursts cost us more than a few trees and plants. No hurricanes or fires, though, and if any of you were impacted by those or any other tragedy, please know that our thoughts are with you.
A few things of note as approach the “In-Season” part of the year:
• With the uncertainty of the Delta, Lambda, and Mu variants of Covid and to keep us all as safe as possible, our October Board Meeting will be held virtually again via Zoom. This will also allow for all Board Members to be present as well as those Owners still in their other happy places. Please watch for instructions in a future e-mail.
• Two Directors’ terms will expire this year so there will be two openings for the Board of Directors. We have so many talented and thoughtful people living here; I hope you will consider donating a little of your time and skills to give back to our community. Applications are available on the website and at the office.
• We continue to see “Wildcat Dumping,” bulk trash and miscellaneous items (umbrellas, patio furniture, etc.) left by the roadside for our crew to pick up. As an Owner and Resident, you need to make arrangements to have these large items taken to the dump. It is not the HOA’s responsibility to dispose of these items, and they increase the dump fees we already pay. There are several local businesses that are more than happy to do this for a small fee.
• Quadrants 1 & 2 were recently inspected by our very competent Compliance Committee; the number of violations recorded exceeded 400 (Paseo Sarta and Paseo Tierra). Most of the violations concern items not allowed in the common areas, storage units that are above 36” high and screen doors than need painting or repair. Many owners have painted their back porches (cement) other than the required tan or brown. Violators will be notified by email of their compliance issues. These violations and wildcat dumping directly affect not just the beauty of our neighborhood but our property values. Please read the CC&Rs and Rules and Regulations if in doubt about something being allowed or contact the office with your questions. If you are considering selling your Villa, please remember that your Villa must be up to these standards before the sale is finalized.
• I was doing a quick check of VRBO and Airbnb recently and noticed a few properties that are in direct violation of our Covenants and with the Fair Housing Act – Housing for Older Persons which covers 55+ communities like ours. Rentals available for under 30 days and with no age restrictions are finable offenses and carry a $50 a day fine until they are corrected. If you notice something like this going on in your area, please notify the Office.
• I have met some of our wonderful Owners at my “Listening Sessions,” and would like to remind you that I am available in the Office every Thursday afternoon from 1PM-3PM. I try to limit these appointments to 30 minutes each, and you may schedule with Liliana in the Office.
Thank you all for your patience and understanding during this very eventful Summer. We can all do our little part to keep the Villas West looking the best it can by taking pride in our neighborhood and adhering to its Covenants. If you see something that just doesn’t look or feel right, report it, please. See something, say something, as the saying goes. Our community will thank you.
Respectfully, Chris Fisher,
President Green Valley Villas West Condominium Association
September 8, 2021
Good Afternoon, Homeowners,
I wanted to start off in saying thank you to all of you in being so patient with all the changes that have happened over the past year. With certain regulations being over we are getting more applicants and we are fully starting to get a full crew back in place. In no time will we have our villas looking beautiful again. You will start seeing new faces around the villas.
Please note that Tuesday, October 12, 2021, we will have our board meeting via Zoom. More information will come to have an in person meeting for our 2022 annual meeting.
There is another new preventive maintenance plan that I have been working with and I am ready to roll it out now that we will have a full crew. I am also sending out compliance letters for all the villas owners that are not following our rules and regulations.
Our villas hours are from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday thru Friday. No appointments needed but we do ask there to be no more than two (2) people at a time at office. Also please note that this Friday, September 10, 2021, our office will be closed due to a software update that is happening in order for us to work more efficiently.
Should you have any questions please feel free to contact us at 520-393-7891 for emergencies after hours please call 520-256-5779
Villas West Condominium Association
June 14, 2021
To all residents and renters of Villas West,
Thank you everyone for joining our VW community’s effort in assisting our landscaping crew with watering your surrounding common areas. The heat is on! Thank you, also, for stopping to compliment our men on their daily work that is displayed throughout our little community. They are working steadily and tirelessly in this sun and heat.
There are Grounds Alteration Application forms in the kiosk boxes by the office door and on the website. Please use the forms to communicate your concerns and requests. Keep in mind we will cleaning up areas, but replanting will not be done until October. Your requests are needed for the grounds chairman to make decisions and to discuss with you the proper plant based on sun exposure and space needed for a long-term growth.
A watering and fertilizing schedule has been arranged with my committee for the cactus garden (across from the office on Quinta) during the summer months. I’m working on new plant markers and identity sheets for the garden kiosk box. I have complete faith it will be resurrected and will bloom again in the spring.
Homeowners, please pass this message on to your renters.
Have a great summer! THINK MONSOON!!!
Ms. Lou Kifer
Cactus Care Instructions:
70 Degrees - Water every 3 weeks
80 Degrees - Water every 2 weeks
90 + Degrees – Water once, every week
No water December and January
Fertilize monthly March – August (1 TBSP per gallon of water.)
Treat for grubs and insects in spring and fall with a systemic insecticide, and fertilizer.
Most cactus is hardy to 25 degrees. Cover the tops of the plant to protect the growth areas on the nights of the freeze. Do not leave the cover on for the whole season.
With some of the Covid protocol being reduced, we have determined we can change the pool usage rules and protocol starting on Monday, March 29th.
The Board has agreed to the following:
1. Open pools to the following regular hours:
November 1 through April 30 – 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
May 1 through October 31 – 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM
2. Allow guests as long as accompanied by an adult resident.
3. Allow visiting guest children of residents to use the pool during the following hours that have been reserved for children:
November 1 through April 30 – 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM and 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
May 1 through October 31 - 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM and 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM
4. Encourage residents to bring their own chairs and take them home when done. We will continue to have a table and four chairs at each pool. We will be adding some furniture in the next few weeks.
5. Encourage residents to sanitize as they go. We will continue to sanitize on a routine basis.
6. Require that the protocol for social distancing will continue.
7. If these rules are abused then we will go back to limiting pool to the strict Covid Protocol.
These rules apply to all residents and homeowners and it is the expected that all residents and homeowners self-govern and follow the rules.
Because of Covid-19 restrictions all board of directors meetings and the annual meeting in February will be virtual meetings using ZOOM. To get registered and join a meeting you need to click on the link and follow the instructions